Fortunes Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Staff

Administrators

You are not connected. Please login or register

Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko]

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:22 pm

Karissa

Karissa

Karissa smiled casually, keeping the ride steady of course, though she giggled at the silly statement, it was a funny sight even if it was cruel, not like she was planning on sending a horse out on a raft.
"True... Well I wouldn't suggest traveling by a mere raft for anyone if you had a choice, especially for someone like you, water couldn't be the best for your mechanics?"
She asked, wondering about this though she had heard of cyborgs that was able to swim, though how grim a journey if Yuriko wasn't a part of those cyborgs who could do the same, and how lucky that she had survived for that matter.

Karissa chuckled happily, while it was a rather generous offer, she would have to turn it down, not that it wasn't a delightful idea, and well a very cute offer, it was just not her kind of thing.
"Aww how sweet of you, though you shouldn't change who you are on my accord besides... The princess girl is not really my type...not that I know my exact type, it’s just not that one, that much I know"
She hugged Yuriko lightly using one arm, while it might not be an offer she'd use it was still a nice offer, and she should show gratitude for it.
"I'm guessing you haven't had such a good past with birds..? Well don't worry I'll warn you if I spot anyone getting too close~"
She tilted her head keeping her eyes ahead, wondering just how bad it could've been, was Yuriko really so shiny that she'd attract birds at such a rapid rate? If so then Karissa kind of understood where all this hatred would come from.

52Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:08 pm

Yuriko

Yuriko

Yuriko frown a bit, as she look forward. The mention of the sea."You guess right.  Water and me don't mix well together. It a shame consider that life revolves around " Yuriko never thought about luck until now. When she thought about it she was extremely luckly to not fall over board, consider the fact that she couldn't swim,  due to the unholy powers of eating a devil fruit, was it punishment from God for her to being unable to swim, due to eating a gift, legend to be made by the devil. Yuriko knew that eating the fruit wasn't a good idea, but she no other choice. She had to escape or else she could have perish or been captured and be sentence to do unspeakable things. Sold to slavery, she thought would be her likely out come of being apart of that situation.

But her smile, appeared again when she the powerful figure (Yuriko assume) chuckle behind her. "Yeah, Don't worry I won't change who I am, at least not too much.  I adapt to the situation or well, my AI does that for me, like before I spoke to you. Anyway we both can be two Knights in shiny armor! Or Paladin in my case." Yuriko did her best to hugged Karissa back without messing her up, she didn't want to fall off the horse. Not that the fall would harm her that much, if it would cause any harm at all. "I don't like those feather-brains idiots. Never had a good past with them. Forgive me lord, but the only good bird is a cooked one. Like a stuff turkey or fried chicken! If any one them come near me, I fry them."  After her little rant on birds, she would quietly mutter a pray of forgiveness. The holy power did created all living creatures.

53Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:18 pm

Karissa

Karissa

Karissa tilted her head a bit, pretty certain that Yuriko meant that perhaps her cyborg parts couldn't take swimming, or could be damaged by water, though it seemed unlikely, it could still be the case unless it was just a matter of not being able to swim in general, though she wouldn't pry on it too much, after all it seemed to pull Yuriko's mood down somewhat.
"Hey don't worry about it, I don't do well in water either and so doesn't a ton of other people in the world, it’s just something you've got to live with, for some it’s a price, others fear, maybe just inability to swim, it doesn't make you any less of a person"
She found this speech invigorating as she had told herself this many times, to her it had been a price after all, a price to restore what she had lost. She had thought about what she had lost fondly, she enjoyed swimming when she was little, though she swam in the clouds it wasn't all that different, until you swim too far down.

Karissa seemed to snap out of whatever thoughts she was thinking, didn't really like that past memory there, though it is what it is, she smiled lightly and nodded in agreement.
"Well Paladins are sort of knights right? Knights blessed with divine powers and such"
She smirked lightly; she liked the whole theme to Paladins, knights, angels and all that, it was a refreshing and delightful way of seeing things in comparison to the reality of Pirates and Marines.
"Some birds are nice... the less messy ones... I'm thinking like the colorful ones and those with beautiful songs..."
She spoke kindly, hoping that Yuriko wouldn't be completely opposed to how she was thinking, though if she was then that'd be okay, after all, they couldn't agree on everything.

54Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:35 pm

Yuriko

Yuriko

Yuriko's mood was damped after discussing the topics she dislike."When life hands you lemonade, you make lemonade. When life gives you the inability to swim, you just find new ways to travel!? I guess I shouldn't think about it too much. I'm still awesome if I do say so myself. Thank you for the prep talk, it does put things in a new perspective." She smile, but she wasn't sure if Karissa heard her or not. It seem like she was deep in thought.  Yuriko look at her curiously, she was going to said something, but decided not to. "I wonder what she thinking about." Yuriko simply enjoyed the feeling of having her leader behind her. Closing her eyes slightly, she just felt so content at the moment.

"Right. A Paladin is like a Knight blessed with divine powers. Well most of Paladins. I doubt the power I was 'bless' with would be consider divine at all." She laugh lightly at the thought. Could a devil powers really be consider holy or divine? Something created by the devil? Yuriko didn't think so, she heavily believe that the inability to swim, was a punishment from God for her sin of consuming a devil fruit.  But her thoughts about gods and devils were instantly gone as birds were brought up once more. Yuriko stubbornly shook her head disagreeing with the Angel. "All birds all bad unless its a meal. You may not see now, but someday you will see my point of view."

Then Paladin went in thinking mode. The question she wanted to ask earlier, it was nagging her in the back of her mind. Her AI remind her that a setting like this would be the best place to ask even if it didn't agree with Yuriko's human side. It also remind her that there a chance she was asking it too soon.  Yuriko could feel her nervousness rising inside of her, something it was a burden to have emotions, they were so confusing that even her AI could completely understand them. "Ah. Karissa! Being a Cyborg my knowledge on the subject isn't too great, being a paladin this question may conflict with my faith and my human side is just telling me to take a risk. So...." Yuriko paused as she thought about just dropping the subject. "Can I court you?" Yuriko hope she use the proper terms.

55Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Karissa

Karissa

Karissa did listen, even though her thoughts was on darker times at the moment that didn't mean she wouldn't be listening to Yuriko, she gave a short nod to it, as it seemed there was something to it, perhaps it hadn't exactly done what it should, but she wasn't sure how she could say it any better way than she did, at least if she knew how she would properly be doing so for herself. Her head tilted though as she heard doubt in the words Yuriko spoke, though she didn't exactly know what she was talking about, she assumed she was speaking of her cyborg body, as true its nothing magical or holy compared to the stories of old, but then again it would all depend on how you looked at it.
"What makes you say that..? I believe that the god or goddess or the multiple ones works in strange ways, I am where I am with the power at my disposal due to very strange things... some may question if it wasn't a cruel way though perhaps it was just a series of trials to prove my faith... anyway my point is, it doesn't matter what is considered to be divine or not, if it has aided you and you think it will continue to do so, then you should consider it a blessing" She smiled lightly, it was a stretch she'd admit but if she had no faith then she had nothing, it was a big part of what had gotten her through life.

Karissa couldn't help but giggle lightly, it was a very cute way of seeing it, even if it was a rather cruel way to think of birds, and then again who was she to judge perhaps she had previous very horrible experiences with them.
"Alright I give, and I have to agree they can be very tasty when cooked right"
She looked ahead in the horizon, the base was coming up, she hadn't been riding too fast, mostly to spare the horse, and it wasn't like she was in any rush anyway, seeing as she quite enjoyed the conversation she was having currently. Though the next question hit her like a hammer.

She listened closely, as she was explaining she grew more curious she expected this was about what she had mentioned earlier, even more so when she was struggling, though the way she was explaining it really confused her. Her eyes widened and her cheeks flushed red, she was stunned to say the least, this way of doing it, it was so formal and sweet, very unexpected so unexpected that it took her a few moments to gather herself to talk.
"Ehm err... I don't think I could deny you that right, even more so I'd be flattered"
She felt her heartbeat rising, the situation was tense she felt the need to show just how this made her feel, as shocking as it was she really did find Yuriko very loveable and cute.
"So yes, yes I'd like that a lot"
She let go of the reigns and hugged Yuriko, moving down to gently kiss her on the cheek, the position at the moment seemed somewhat awkward, but she felt that she had to make the best of it.

56Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Yuriko

Yuriko

The delayed response, that what cause the most worry for Yuriko. Did she already destroy her chance to attempt to woo her leader, friend!? She could have ask if she could be her girlfriend, but Yuriko thought that might be pushing things too quickly and she didn't want to take away her leader freedom in a way. So she settle on the art of courtship. She would do her best to get Karissa to be her girlfriend even if she wasn't sure on how to proceed with the manner. At least this give her sometime to do research on the subject before anything got too serious.

It may been only a few minutes until Karissa answered her, but to Yuriko if felt like hours. "Well, you could deny me the right if you wanted to. I don't want to woo someone if they have no interest in me, but I'm glad that you're flatter!" Yuriko said as she the tension was getting to her, it was so think that she could cut it with a knife. After the kiss on her cheek, Yuriko got that weird feeling that she couldn't describe, she just have an overwhelming happiness after Karissa would give her a chance. "I do everything in my power to make sure you don't regret giving me a chance. I will give it my best, so one day you said, I love you Yuriko. Then we can become an official couple." Yuriko nervously grinned and then slightly frown as thought about what she was going to say next. "Until you said those words or if I fail to successfully court you. You can see others who spark your interest romantically." After that Yuriko frown went away as she saw something in the horizon. It must be their next location. Despite the awkward position the Paladin felt comfortable. Though she would hold off on her attempts to woo the Commander. There were some things they had to do beforehand, like making the cyborg an official revolutionary.

57Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Karissa

Karissa

Karissa found the situation somewhat weird even though it was a very pleasant situation it all had seemed to have moved quite fast, then again what Yuriko had asked for was to court her, which by all means she'd love, she had never tried something like that before, which certainly would be a fresh change, not to mention a joyful welcome. And the way Yuriko reacted to her answers was simply too adorable, she couldn't stop smiling, she'd be surprised if she'd stop smiling for quite some time, right now she simply felt good.
"Can't say I'm not looking forward to that~"
Her voice was purely happy, no hint of anything else, her head was spinning lightly, and she felt some butterflies in her stomach right now, but overall it was simply almost too good to be true, her cheeks wasn't calming down either.
"Thank you, though I doubt that'll happen when I've got someone like you around~"
She was honest about it; she really had no one else she'd even consider at this point, though had she been asked straight up if they could be together she wasn't sure she'd just say yes, she'd probably have suggested they should take it a bit slower so this was kind of exactly what she'd like.

Karissa would take a more firm grip on the reigns again making sure they stayed the cause as they slowly got closer to their destination, the base here was nothing too fancy just a fort which had been constructed to serve as an outpost more than anything else, though it did well as far as Karissa though, it helped out and allowed the Revolutionaries to be in the area should something happen here.
"We're at the base soon, then it'll only be a few formalities and then you can join the revolutionaries in my cell~"
She hadn't exactly explained how it'd would work technically but bottom line had been made clear she'd join up, and be under her command, which also meant under her care which as far as Karissa was concerned she'd definitely prefer, not that she had any doubts in Yuriko's abilities, she seemed strong enough to handle her own, Karissa would just like to be able to keep her safe if possible. Now there was just the issue that Karissa needed to calm down before they rode into the base, couldn't have herself blushing with a wide smile as she returned home with a recruit, that would just send way too many signals around. Not that Karissa was scared of some rumors she just didn't want them to start on false grounds and then spin out of proportions too fast.

58Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:41 pm

Yuriko

Yuriko

Fighting off a blush herself. "No need to thank me. I couldn't stop you if you waned too." The cybernetic paladin responded back in a relieve tone, at least she won't have to worry about competition at the moment. Though, small part of her was hoping for a rival, someone or something to strive her to do better. Listening to Karissa, Yuriko hope she can deliver, the pure happiness that voice gave off, it ,make her happy and more nervous at the same time. Hopefully, the higher beings are looking down on them favorably and are rooting for Yuirko. She quietly whispered a prayer as thought about how to impress Karissa.

"Great, I can't wait to start working with you and maybe something even more. Uh. I might be getting ahead of myself. Hehehe" A slightly flutter Yuriko teased a bit as they were close towards the end of their horse back ride. Despite not being a huge fan or horses she had to admit, the ride was more than pleasant. "So about your cell. How is it like? Anyone I should avoid getting to know? Anyone love rivals I should be made aware of?" The third question she ask, she really was curious about. She may have discover that she was the jealous type. She wasn't too sure, she never doesn't remember any prior experience with these sort of things.

59Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:45 pm

Karissa

Karissa

Karissa shrugged lightly, Yuriko could potentially do so, though it be difficult, and well it’s not like Karissa wanted her to try something like that, so leaving it at that as probable the wisest. She had started figuring out how this whole deal was handled best, she didn't exactly want any trouble for Yuriko when she enrolled, just jumping from a new guy to a member of a cell was strange she'd admit though not unheard of, and it wasn't like Karissa didn't trust her, even though they had only met today she simply felt like she could be trusted, hard to explain just how but that didn't really matter, she had the authority to do this kind of stuff so hey why not do so.

Karissa couldn't help but giggle softly, Yuriko was simply too cute for her own good, so innocent in a mixture of innocence and excitement, while still trying to remain polite and composed.
"Well now, I'd like to hear more about this "other stuff"~"
She teased; even though she was blushing she wasn't shy of teasing back, though she really needed to calm down before they reached the base.
"Well to tell you the truth I've only just formed the cell, so you'll be my first member... hope that isn't too disappointing..?"
She was still new to this thing, and well forming her own was a given, it was almost expected off her as she was promoted to do as such as she had been given this position to lead not just to keep following orders. Karissa looked ahead the gates of the base was rapidly approaching wouldn't be long now before they could get off this horse.

60Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:02 pm

Yuriko

Yuriko

[OOC: Sorry for late Reply]

Yuriko rub the back of her head. She had thought much about the other stuff when she mention it. Heck she really didn't have any experience in the manner at all. Another thing she would have to do more research on, when she gets some alone time, if want to win Karissa over she had to be prepared and experience in all the fields of romance and love. "Oh, I bet you would, but all things come in due time. Even if I part of me doesn't want to wait. I want to do this right, so I have to go slow and steady." Yuriko calmly said, as her machine half was talk a bit more control for the moment, since they were nearly at the base Yuriko would have to drop this talk for now. To keep up appearances and all that good stuff. "Don't get fluster, sexy. Don't want to give your followers the wrong idea heh." Yuriko smile before she had a blank expression on her face.

"Its not disappointing at all. It just means we have to do more recruiting. But does your cell have name? If it doesn't then I will be truly disappointed. "I'm Joking of course." Yuriko reassured her love interest as prepare herself to get off the horse. Once the got to the base, Yuriko would try to get off the horse first and then attempt to help Karissa off the majestic animal. Show off her gentleman...gentlewoman manners?

61Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:03 pm

Karissa

Karissa

Karissa nods, smiling softly. It was definitely a pleasant change of pace, the few barters she had ever had wasn't like that, and well she'd have to admit, they weren't exactly pleasant like that, and earlier, well earlier than those doesn't matter anymore.
"Well I can't argue against that, or well I don't want to~"
She took a deep breath, seeing the base rapidly approaching, though it was difficult, especially when Yuriko kept throwing flattery at her.
"Easier said than done... I'm really not used to this kind of attention"
She took another deep breath, calming herself down, and letting her cheeks stop being so red.

They slowed down a little as they rode into the base, Karissa made a few nods to people as they passed inside, though she still kept her attention at Yuriko mostly.
"Ahh well, either way you wouldn't be disappointed, my cell's name is "The Seekers of Truth" and well people in it will most likely be referred to as seekers"
She smiled quite proud, she had a vision for her cell and should they fulfill that goal they'd be considered heroes for the ages, not to mention be a force to be reckoned with.
"Here we are~"
She spoke proudly, the hose had moved in onto stone, and the base was more or less like a fort, with walls and everything, looking like something that would be rather easy to defend and very hard to lay siege on. They rode over to the stables, where Karissa could almost feel Yuriko felt eager to get off, though she was mostly just thinking it was cause she didn't feel very comfortable on the horse, though as Yuriko then went and wanted to help her off, she stopped in her tracks, feeling just a slight bit of embarrassment as there was some eyes on them, her cheeks flushing a gentle tint of red as she accepted and let Yuriko help her down.
"There's just no end to how cute you are huh..?"
She gets down off the horse, and then leads the horse into the stable, hoping that Yuriko would follow her, her eyes took a look around, most eyes had turned away, one cause they was in the stables right now, second cause starring too long would be wrong.

62Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] - Page 3 Empty Re: Off Duty[Closed/Social // Yuriko] Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:47 am

Yuriko

Yuriko

Yuriko either didn't noticed the eyes staring at them or she just choose to ignore, it was to tell which option it was. "Actually there an end to my cuteness Ma'am. Just wait till I start becoming sexy." Yuriko said in lower tone so that only Karissa could hear her. She did said she would tone it down when they reach the base.

The group did had a name, Yuriko was concern there for a moment. "Seekers of Truth? Will we be seeking the truth? So what truths would we be uncovering or would the better term be seeker. Revealing to the evils of the corruption World Government. I like the name, though if you do find the truth will you e able to handle it? Even if the truth is something awful about this?" Yuriko would gesture to the area round her referring to the revolutionaries themselves. Sure she was part of them now, but she wasn't completely blinded by their ideology, but that wasn't the main reason she join them. Well what ever Karissa had plan for this cell Yuriko would do almost anything to promote it, but for now it seems like its in its early stages of development. Yuriko smile as she let her arms fall to her sides. Of course Yuriko was following Karissa like a loyal partner. Plus Yuriko didn't knew her way around the base. So she couldn't wander off if she even wanted too. "I guess I should home sweet home then."

"So you rebels want to overthrow the head of the current government right? Replace with a new government or something?" Yuriko would pause as she push some of hair back. If were successful in that, what would stop the rebels from becoming as corrupt as they government they fight? It was question that Yuriko didn't ask out loud.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum