Fortunes Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Staff

Administrators

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mastery of Skill

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mastery of Skill Empty Mastery of Skill Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:33 am

♥Siren

♥Siren

I find it awkward that you don't gain any new techniques as you tier up and progress.  The same five you have at the start is the same five you'll have at even tier 6.

I suggest that every time you rank up you gain one of every previous technique tier,  and be allowed to purchase up to double the starting amount of techniques.

So if you hit tier 6 you'd have 10 tier 1 techniques.  5,  then 5 again.   Then you'd be able to purchase up to five more which you'd also have to train for if not more than 3 tiers below your current tier.

If that seems like a lot,  which it only kind of is,  that's just a -maximum-,  and you could always repeat the same techniques in multiple slots to further "master" it,  allowing multiple uses despite cooldowns since they're separate technique slots with separate cooldowns.

2Mastery of Skill Empty Re: Mastery of Skill Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:52 am

Nymeros

Nymeros

Well, a good example for this is Luffy's pistol.

At T1, it's just
Gomu Gomu no Pistol

At T2, instead of a new technique, it'll be
Gomu Gomu no Jet Pistol

you see where I'm going?
nice tits btw

3Mastery of Skill Empty Re: Mastery of Skill Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:58 pm

Argent

Argent

You gain five new techs each time you tier up except at t6... The old techs can be upgraded each time you upgrade.

For example Zor's tasumaki used to be a wind gust that knocks people away. Now its a cyclone that cut people up and last for several 'post'

Nymoros idk what your relationship is with her but I find offense in your statement. no okay

4Mastery of Skill Empty Re: Mastery of Skill Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:02 pm

♥Siren

♥Siren

Argent wrote:You gain five new techs each time you tier up except at t6...  The old techs can be upgraded each time you upgrade.

For example Zor's tasumaki used to be a wind gust that knocks people away.  Now its a cyclone that cut people up and last for several 'post'

Nymoros idk what your relationship is with her but I find offense in your statement.   no okay

The techs are for the new tiers unless I missed something.  I mean you should gain some new techniques at lower tiers as well because If ind it hard to believe you wont pick up new tricks/techniques of the old levels,  solely gaining techniques of the higher tiers.

5Mastery of Skill Empty Re: Mastery of Skill Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:40 pm

Argent

Argent

My facts were a bit off. You don't gain 5 techs until T6 you get 5 techs up until T4 then it goes 3 2 1.

So that is 21 techs at T6 42 if you have Two tech trees. Are you saying that 42 is not enough total or that people don't have enough techniques while they are lower tiered?

Luffy's base attacks pistol, gatling, bazooka, muchi, fusen (Five techs most are based on those).
Pistol Sub techs bullet rifle
Bazooka: cannon
Muchi: mallet, axe
gatling: Storm, stamp storm/gatling
Fusen: thank you fire, shell

Using pistol you could only register it once but have more than one pistol mode, if you register Gear two, and gear three. Now you have many more techs Gear 3 pistol doesnt take away from your tech pool.

I hope what I said makes since and addresses what your talking about

6Mastery of Skill Empty Re: Mastery of Skill Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:44 pm

♥Siren

♥Siren

The total doesn't matter here,  it's the number of techniques per tier.   42 or not,  you still only have 5 t1's that don't change unless you replace them.   You get t2's,  and what you do with them is t2's business but has little to do with t1.  It's the same constant 5.

Adding techniques to previous tiers as you tier up adds to a sense of progression just as much as gaining new techniques of the higher tier does.

Adding the ability to purchase technique slots allows you to have some more development within the same tier.

7Mastery of Skill Empty Re: Mastery of Skill Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:06 am

Nymeros

Nymeros

her avatar pic pls

8Mastery of Skill Empty Re: Mastery of Skill Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:53 am

[Username]

[Username]

Before I say my piece, I'd like it to be known that our staff are actually "putting a pin" on suggestions. Not to say that we are ignoring them in any way, but our Admin is working on systems and the mechanics of the site that aren't necessarily publicly visible. Put simply, he's busy cleaning up the site refining it for the expected number of members to come. During this time, I'll be sure to actively post in the suggestions board to reply to our members and flesh out these ideas; hopefully, by the time we are ready to actively take in suggestions and implement them these ideas are wholly ready for direct input. That in mind, I'll get right on to commenting on this myself.

Personally, I like the idea of more lower tier-techniques, but I must admit that it's kind of... unnecessary. Think of this realistically--by the time people get to these higher tiers, the percentage of time they use lower-tier techniques in comparison to higher-tier is fairly low... In fact, most of our higher-tiered characters have never used them. Granted, our higher tiered characters mainly combat other high-tiered characters whom t1 techniques and so-on are pretty much ineffective against.

The number of total techniques over the number of techniques-per-tier does matter, though. Mainly because techniques also extend to passives and other methods of application. Also keep in mind that there is no set damage-system. Theoretically, one can use their higher-tiered techniques on a lower level to match tier-1 level. That in mind, your tier-# techniques can easily be used as tier-1 techniques, making it further less necessary to add more techniques to a tier.

What I think could be done is having the technique system allow for lower-tiered techniques to be executed with higher power once the user tiers up. For example, if the user was a tier-2, they can use a tier-1 technique at tier-2 power. Keep in mind, this is all up for discussion. I'm aiming to have this fleshed out before the time comes in which we can actively consider and implement these ideas, so keep them coming.

9Mastery of Skill Empty Re: Mastery of Skill Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:14 pm

Argent

Argent

I personally had to take a step back because I couldn't clearly Identify a problem or what was trying to be improved

I thought attacks would automatically get stronger when use use them at higher lvl. Using the gomu pistol example it uses luffy's strength at his current lvl not what he was when he created it.  Then he can take it a step further and and haki when desired.  Haki equipped isn't a new move unless you add a new affect.

Despite the strength being upgraded the complexity and skill is what doesn't change.  O is that base of we are talking about?  T1 attacks might be stronger or have better range when used by a T5 but they don't have the skill you want involved?

Edit Thank You Username for noting that the suggestions are being herd and are being put in holding until other stuff are taken care of

10Mastery of Skill Empty Re: Mastery of Skill Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:27 pm

[Username]

[Username]

As staff, I find it my obligation; thank you for being understanding. As for what I was trying to convey, perhaps we can have the system allow for adding in techniques of previous tiers into higher-tier sections in the skills applications, where the effects are pretty much the same, and the ranges, damages, etc is raised to appropriate levels, as opposed to just assuming in-RP that these things are increased. This will allow for direct reference to this applications, avoiding confusion and somewhat alleviating the situation of lacking technique-numbers per-tier. Keep in mind this works in reverse as I mentioned before, in that the higher-tiered techniques can be used at lower potency to have the effect of a lower-tiered technique. Thoughts?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum