Fortunes Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Staff

Administrators

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Empty The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:26 pm

Kouketsu

Kouketsu

The young boy flashed his identification towards the marine blocking his way into Ohara's most intriguing landmark, the library inside of the gigantic tree that resides on the island to include the marine base that sits next to it. Along with the young boy of 15 years was a satchel that carried in it a yellow and exotic fruit. Never had the boy seen anything like this in his entire life. He had to research it if he wanted to figure out what was in store for him if he decided to eat it. It could possibly mean death if it just so happened to be poisonous. The marine blocking the door allowed the boy in as he had done the same thing for the past couple of years. He was researching up on medical things in case he decided to be a doctor in life. Once inside the boy went into his little section of the gigantic tree and blocked it off from view with a stack of books, that's when he pulled the mysterious fruit out.

The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings 155qlhi

Osore eyed it once more then grabbed a ladder from a nearby aisle and started to search looking for exotic fruit. He found numerous types of fruits but none of them were exactly like this. They didn't look the same, the swirls, the color, the stem. None of them had anything alike to the fruit and it agitated him. Azazel only made it worse by intensifying the emotion.

"Damn fruit. Could be the greatest thing I ever ate or my demise and I'll never know."

2The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Empty Re: The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Itome Hikaraku

Itome Hikaraku

Itome sat down in a chair, reading a book about battle strategy...in his left hand, he manipulated a metal bolt about the size of a dime with the passive magnetism techniques granted by his devil fruit, the Daiba Daiba fruit. It wasn't as powerful as focusing it into a technique, but it was nice for some neat parlor tricks. Itome had a reason for being in this library, learning about battle strategies. He was looking for a way to get off of this damn island, because no one seemed to be willing to let him on a ship. They must have thought since he was a kid he wasn't worth anything..

The metal bolt continued to be manipulated as he scanned each individual page. Was it smart to take a ship by force, or should he be building a ship himself? He didn't know anything about that..maybe he could force a shipbuilder to do it for him, or manipulate one with some bull story about how his parents died...some people were suckers for children.

I've always wanted to be like those people on the sea, doing whatever they want...I know what I'm going to be when I get off this island...a young..rich...pirate.

Out of the corner of his right eye, he could see a young man walking. The boy was attractive, and despite how much Itome wanted to resist his urges, he was tempted to go and follow the boy. Itome closed the book, standing up from his chair and heading to where the boy was, making sure his presence wasn't known. He wanted to stalk his prey. What did this young boy do? And how would Itome confront him?

So Kawaii....[\i]

His focus on the metal bolt gone, it dropped on to the the closed book.

As Itome followed the stranger, he saw that it looked like he was about to turn around, and quickly hid behind a stack of books. After a few seconds, he peeked. Suddenly, books that were a pile on the floor became tall enough to block anyone's view of what could be going on. Luckily, since he had an idea of where he went, he simply went around the pile of books by heading to another aisle and going into the area the stranger was in.

[i] Could he be reading smut..?

The boy grabbed a ladder, Itome still not noticed, and began climbing it. His eyes couldn't stop looking at his firm butt..

I'm losing control of my mind to my sexual desires..gah...fuck puberty.

It was about this moment that he noticed the devil fruit the boy was carrying...did he not know of its powers? It would explain why he hadn't eaten it and was looking for books. Perhaps Itome would be able to help..

"Yo!"

He waved his right arm. Yes, it would be useless since he was the only person in this section, but he felt like doing it anyways.

"Is that a devil fruit in your hand? What are you waiting for..hurry up and eat it so I can determine your worth, sug~ I hope you don't get anything stupid like controlling spoons...but, with those fruit it depends on how lucky you are."

He made sure to only say this loud enough so that the boy would hear...after all, if he alerted the whole library about this, it would be a dick move. Not only was he in love with this boy, but he was in a pretty good mood.

WC: 602

3The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Empty Re: The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:09 am

Kouketsu

Kouketsu

Osore slightly looked up from the exotic fruit to peek at the books to make sure no one had followed him to his little abode. So far nothing had interrupted him and his studies until a rather dark skinned man had waltzed in like Osore didn't purposely stack those books to keep people out. Nonetheless the young boy gave the other boy a raised eyebrow at the sound of the words Devil Fruit. It was a peculiar name and could have very well been the answer to his problems. On top of this the man said sug, hinting to a sexual advancement at which Osore had no desire in exploiting or encouraging. Never once has he been interested in men and he only vaguely remembers having a fondness of a girl he used to know as he was younger. He just ignored the comment.

"Devil Fruit...? Such an interesting name. I've been searching for the origins and possibly effects of this fruit and could find nothing. Maybe you can help, however how can I trust you? You just walked in out of nowhere and claimed you had knowledge of this fruit without providing proof. On top of this you could be a marine just yanking my chain. I'll have you know I'm not defenseless and I don't take kindly to physical harassment."

Osore closed the book because if what the other boy had said was true then this book no longer meant anything to him. The tool of knowledge was useless unless the boy provided a believable argument stating otherwise. He would await the boy's answer all the while trying to keep Azazel's persuasive thoughts from taking control of him. Since he's younger and not fully in control of the corrupt being he continuously heard it's dark thoughts.

4The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Empty Re: The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:57 am

Itome Hikaraku

Itome Hikaraku

Itome shouldn't have been offended, because after all
this guy was right. But he didn't have to be so blunt with it..oh well, he seemed a little bit interesting. At the mention of the possibly of him being a marine, Itome snorted.

"Me, a Marine? Give me a break kid. I'm going to be the best pirate the world has ever seen...I'm going to become the pirate king.."

"Those stupid ass marines annoy the hell out of me. I may not be strong enough to pay them back for all of the trouble they've caused me. I've even been thinking about infiltration their ranks to destroy them from the inside..but that can go wrong in so many ways because of these damn snitches."

He gave a casual shrug.

"But, if you really think I'm a marine, nothing I can do...I could probably kick your ass too, but let's not get into that...you haven't even eaten your devil fruit yet, it would be too easy, even for my tastes."

He gave a smug look on his face, and continued.

"I was hoping you could be my boyfriend, but it seems like you only like pussy. I go both ways. So, from this day until the end of time, I, Itome Hikaraku will become your rival! Go on, eat the damn fruit so you can actually get the power to do something like this.."

Nearby, on a wooden counter three feet away was a single bolt of metal, smaller then a grape. Using the powers of his devil fruit, he formed a magnetic field to lift the metal bolt up, and made it go around in circles just above his head.

"That's the power of my devil fruit..they call it the Magnet Magnet Fruit..it allows me to manipulate magnetic field. I've had it for two years. Each Devil Fruit gives its users different powers, so I don't know exactly what yours will give you..."

He stopped using his magnetic powers, allowing the metal bolt to be subjected to gravity and fall to the floor.

"Maybe you'll even get something powerful like failing at everything..or breathing fire. Who knows? But whatever you get, it's going to be worth it. Of course you won't instantly master it, it'll probably take a few years for you to become really good at it. I know I'm getting better at this magnet stuff every day..whatever your fruit's ability is, I look forward to fighting you. You have the aura of someone who's really strong..and it excites!"

5The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Empty Re: The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:16 am

Kouketsu

Kouketsu

Osore noted the look of confidence that was plastered on the boy's face. He wanted to infiltrate the marines and take them from the inside out. This island would be a great place for that idea, the entire island held a marine base on it so it shouldn't be too hard. Join the marines, use the devil fruit on some pirates, become higher up in the ranks, destroy them all together. Wasn't a bad idea, but it wasn't Osore's favorite. He could potentially start out as a Shichibukai and use the authority from that. They got to do whatever they pleased, or so he heard.

"Well you proved that it's a Devil Fruit. You seem to have a very unusual skill and there's no equipment you hold that says it's the origin of this power so I'll believe you, for now. Besides, if you were a marine you would have tried to steal my fruit in the first place, forcing me to bite it one way or the other."

Osore looked down at the fruit and listened to the boy ramble on about being rivals and becoming the Pirate King. Stuff like that didn't exactly interest the young boy, being the king of pirates meant you ruled over everyone who held too much corruption in their hearts. Osore would rather wipe them out entirely. Anything other than that wouldn't interest the boy so much, as he wanted to corrupt the entire world and show it what it meant to truly be on the verge of the end. Osore finally truly looked at the boy, assessing his soul and analyzing the depth of his corruption. He wasn't overcome by corruption yet, but his time would come as well when he was consumed by his own evils.

"Hm. I'll eat it then."

Osore placed the fruit within his mouth and clamped down into the fruit, it's taste was bitter and electrifying at the same time. His whole body surged as the single bite entered his stomach for decomposing. His entire body began to shake as electricity crackled from within and surged outwards. His body glowed as he clutched his stomach and sent pulsating waves of electricity flying in each direction, causing books to completely blow away. The books that were stacked to keep things out of view were gone as well. Even if the glow of light didn't attract anyone's attention, the flying books surely would.

6The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Empty Re: The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:01 pm

Itome Hikaraku

Itome Hikaraku

As Itome witnessed the transformation of the stranger, he was amazed at the obvious power, waves pulsating..bright lights..flying books. This was crazy! If this guy kept training, he would definetly give Itome the battle that he craved! But the thing was..he obviously attracted a ton of attraction because of that, and now that the barrier blocking people's view of them was gone.

"We need to leave before the marines get here. While I'm sure the ones here are fodder, you never know who could be lurking around these corners.."

But before he could leave, a crowd of civilians had already formed, trapping them in.

"Get the fuck out of our way before I slice through you idiots!"

From his left pocket was many grains of what looked like sand, except it was grey. It was not colored sand. It was iron crushed down into the finest particles, allowing for easier use, and just in case he had no metal sufficient for an attack.

The iron particles formed into a dagger. Itome waved it around wildly, not intending to kill any of the civilians, but to scare them off. He hadn't the heart to kill anyone while children were in the crowd.

The dagger play did seem to scare off some of them, but of course, the braver ones still blocked his path. It seemed like he had to take an arm off of someone for them to get the message, and as he prepared to use his magnet powers to get some iron sand and slice off someone's arms, a single cry caused the crowd to disperse.

"IT'S TWELVE!"

Itome knew what that meant..it was slang for the marines were here. Could they beat them? If these were admirals...or even rear admirals, they'd be finished.

Three men dressed in white and wearing a simple cap, along with a sword hanging off of there belts emerged from the crowd. They didn't look so tough. Maybe whatever deity out their had given them a break. One of the marines began to speak up, pointing his rapier at Itome.

"Teenagers being hooligans..disgusting. You're supposed to be getting an education and helpong us defeat the pirates..instead you're causing trouble in a library. Well, I, Akimoto Tetso, will not let this happen! Drop your weapons immediately or face even more severe consequences!"

Itome snickered..he wasn't getting beaten by a nerd like this.

"Hey, sug, I hope you weren't being all macho for me when you said you could fight..you can practice your devil fruit powers as long as you don't zap me~"

These marines probably weren't shit, but any marines outside would be wondering what the commotion was about, so they would need to finish this quickly.

Itome spun his dagger, throwing it at Tetsuo's chest. The metal would lodge itself inside of his heart, leaving him dead on the spot. Of course, that was when his marine friends jumped in, one going for the other dude and one for Itome.

"This is gonna be fun.."

7The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Empty Re: The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:41 pm

Kouketsu

Kouketsu

Osore's eyes had been completely lit up with electricity, sparks flying and his body completely emulating the effects of a lightning bolt. The heat coming off of him was unnerving and uncomfortable to anyone not used to it. Osore noticed that the books were moved and watched as the people of the island blocked off the way to get out. As the other boy made his way through the villagers, Osore used another way to get around. While inside his logia form, the boy ran across the surface of the wall as electricity itself. Snaps and crackles bounced all over the place and the tree began to shake from the surges of lightning.

Any of the villagers that noticed this theatrical display was shoved out of the way by Osore's new "rival". Suddenly someone cried out something and the marines surrounded the pair's escape route. The other boy threw his knife at the marine who had been previously talking about facing dire consequences. The other marines took aim at Osore as he casually walked towards them with his right hand outstretched for Azazel to consume them. They fired off the bullets and they passed right through him. Some more crackles could be heard as they passed. Osore surged forward, grabbing at his first victim and allowing Azazel to sink into their mind. Since he was in his logia form the electricity would immediately reach his brain and electrocute it. He wouldn't be getting up anymore.

Osore surged forward with the help of his newfound powers and created two blades of lightning on his two arms and continued to cut through the marines that stood in his way. All of them not able to understand how the 15 year old boy was capable of not being killed by their swords and bullets.

8The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Empty Re: The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:44 pm

Itome Hikaraku

Itome Hikaraku

"Wow hun, you sure ain't no pushover! Now let's see how you keep up with the rest of the marines that are waiting outside, I know some of the civilians are probably summoning them here..I think we should abandon this island!"

Hopefully, this guy brought a boat, or a ship. Maybe they could steal one..now that the marines guarding the ships were facing two devil fruit users, they had no chance of winning! The plan was perfect! All they needed to do was get through these fodder marines, and lay low for awhile. Itome knew the place well. He was confident that he could do it.

The boy, who Itome surprisingly did not know his name, began charging through a crowd of marjnes, using his skills with the devil fruit in a decent manner.

Although, the boy was slower then Itome, allowing him to catch up.

"I like you, but I'm not letting you have all of the fun, you hear me?"

Manipulating the iron sand in his pocket, he brought it forth, turning it into a buzzsaw the size of a basketball. Obviously, he wasn't going fast enough to run into it, and made sure that there was no way to his his friend. He launched it, the buzzsaw mowing through the crowd, leaving the guts of multiple fodder marines sprayed everywhere.

"Don't bother fighting the rest, I've made our opening! Let's go!"

He took off at full speed, any bullets being shot at him getting repelled and thrown back at the skull of the owner. If the boy didn't take the opportunity to run before being overwhelmed by the marines, that was his fault. He wasn't going to waste his Haoshoku haki for an idiot like that, when he could be using it for more important matters.

By this time, most of the marines that were inside the library were dead, and Itome exited from the side of the building, stopping for a moment to regain his breath. If the boy he was fighting with was here with him, then he would begin to discuss the plan.

"We can't waste any time fighting these marines. They're weak, but if even one of them calls someone terrifying like an admiral, we're through..we have to leave this island. Do you have a ship? If not..be prepared to steal one. We can go to port and hijack a pirate ship.."

9The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Empty Re: The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:42 pm

Kouketsu

Kouketsu

Osore looked back to see his partner in crime taking full advantage of the situation by trying to flee the scene. Osore continued his sprint to catch up to the other young boy, cutting down numerous marines that stepped in his way and kept him from advancing. He would keep his momentum so he didn't slow down and ended up being captured by sliding past wide swings and grabs by the marines, even if they weren't using the required Haki to do so. When they piled in front of him he thought of another idea to use for a rapid onslaught of pain. Osore pointed his two index fingers, one from each hand, and used his thumb for accurate aiming and let loose a barrage of electrical currents to temporarily stun the group of men all the while still running as fast as he could.

At this time he would be right behind the other boy, sprinting out the side entrance for any hint of an escape. Anything the other boy did would go unnoticed for Osore had his own troubles he had to deal with, mostly being the pesky marines. The boy then turned abruptly and asked him if he had a boat or ship of some kind. Osore slid on his heels to keep from falling over from the abrupt stop and silently shook his head.

"The port should have a ship or two though. I'm sure it'll be no hassle stealing one from a merchant or something like that."

10The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Empty Re: The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:31 pm

Itome Hikaraku

Itome Hikaraku

The old man grinned, nodding. It was time to rush the port, killing any marine that got in the duo's way. It was just like the old days, before he succumbed to the effects of old age.

"Hey..kid, how about you become my apprentice? I may not be as strong as I once was, but that doesn't mean my raw skill has diminished! Harharhar! Let's kick some ass!"

Itome headed out the side of the building, running as fast as he could. As much as he didn't want to admit it, these marines were starting to get annoying.

"Hey! Look, it's those assholes!"

One marine spotted them, as he was looking out with his telescope...what the hell were the odds? Itome stopped in his tracks, turning towards the crowd of marines, readying to fire guns at him.

"We aren't gonna bring you in alive..we know who you are, Black Mamba. But we don't even need to call in any admirals...we know you're fodder right now..our bullets could take you down easily!"

Itome chuckled, knowing fully well that the bullets wouldn't harm him because of the magnetic field he produced. Knowing none of these marines could hurt him, he decided to engage in some friendly banter.

"Black Mamba, eh? So the government still knows of that name, huh? How annoying...and to think you overconfident bastards are foolish enough to believe you can beat me!"

"FIRE!"

Bullets were fired, but a magnetic field held them in place.

"Idiots...did you think my magnetic field would have weakened with my age? You were wrong!"

Somewhat....

Instead of repelling them back, he decided that he would be flashy. After all, he did want to impress the young boy..he had to prove he was worthy of being a teacher.

Using the metal from the bullets and nearby metals, he formed them into one giant metal hand, fifteen meters wide and fifteen meters tall. It flew into the crowd of marines like a battering hand, violently destroying bodies and leaving various organs strewn across the battlefield.

"Now, while that keeps those idiots busy.."

He continued running towards the port, hopefully the boy wasn't an idiot and didn't get kidnapped by any pedophiles.

He arrived to the port, and as the boy suspected it wasn't hard to rob the merchants. He simply binded them with a sheet of metal, boarding a decent sized ship and waited for the kid to get on before they started to set sail.

"Let's blow this popsicle stand....ARRRR!"

11The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Empty Re: The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Kouketsu

Kouketsu

(OOC: Itome is 70 instead of 15 now ._.)

Osore bolted after the elderly man that took off a little bit before the young medic did. Several more times the young boy held his own against the marines until the elderly man stopped dead in his tracks and averted his gaze upon a squadron of marines aiming down upon the unusual pair. Osore decided to ignore the apprentice comment as well. Osore assumed the way his powers worked they wouldn't be too helpful medically. All it seemed to be was manipulating metal with some type of force akin to magnetic force. Depending on if Osore spent the time on his own powers he could probably do that electromagnetically. He had to admit, the powers of the lightning fruit seemed to prove useful with both combat and possibly medically.

After his little space out, Osore looked up impatiently to see the marines being shot back at by their own bullets. The fruit may not be useful medically but redirecting bullets is pretty cool and flashy so it may not be terribly bad, just wasn't Osore's cup of tea. Following after the old man, Osore would turn into his logia form in case there were any people who wanted to cut him down while he wasn't noticing. He had noted early on that he had to turn the thing on by will. Sparks would fly out everywhere he followed the old man. Some sparks would end up hitting a few marines here and there.

After following the boat's wooden frame up to the deck, Osore would enter his fully human form and point his gaze towards the man who'd previously taken over the ship with his devil fruit.

"Hurry up old man, I don't think they'll sit there and wait for us to leave. Besides I'm sure they already called in a disturbance to the admirals about two devil fruit users causing mayhem. Mine seems to be able to prevent things like swords and bullets from hitting me. I'm sure there's a weakness though. Everyone has one."

12The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Empty Re: The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:54 pm

Itome Hikaraku

Itome Hikaraku

As soon as the kid got on, he began to set sail.

"Hey, I'm not old dammit! I could kick your ass and send ya to the marines if I wanted to..listen, kid. Just because your made of lightning doesn't mean your infallible! Maybe your logia skills will work on fodder, but I doubt it'll work on anyone with impeccable skills like mine! And you still haven't answered me..are you going to become my apprentice or not? You don't have to beat around the bush, I'll just find another who values my skills. Anyways, where are you going? I'll drop you off to whatever island you feel like going as long as it isn't too far..I got to get back to training sooner or later, you know. And remain vigilant for any other pirate ships or marines. I don't like surprises.."

The ship became farther and farther away from Ohara. Itome had a little smile under his face. This kind of stuff reminded him of the better times..it really did. He was coming back into the pirate game in full force, and no one would be stopping him.

"Gehehehe...it's time to make the marines afraid of me. They're playing around with me like im a piece of trash..they'll get what's coming to them.."

(Exit?)

13The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Empty Re: The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Kouketsu

Kouketsu

Osore sat down on the wooden base of the ship and had his hand turn into lightning. It was fairly interesting to see how his hand went from flesh and bone to pure electricity on will. Not like you see it everyday, that was, until now. Osore looked up at the man speaking and nodded his head to keep him from getting even more annoyed that he already was. He needed to get to an island known particularly for its medical achievements.

"No I'd rather not become your apprentice. It's not because I don't like you. It's mainly for medical reasons, you're fruit destroys life, not save it. My fruit is far more suited for that I'd assume, as the body literally runs on electricity. Now if you could take me to Flevance in the North Blue that would be much appreciated. I have work I have to do if I want to be able to control this power for both life and death."

The boy noted that he wasn't invulnerable from certain things and stared out into the ocean. There was once a rumor about cursed fruit giving the people who ate it wondrous powers but stole their connection to the sea, swimming. Osore made the assumption that these fruit were linked to the Devil Fruit and drifted farther away from Ohara on the boat with the magnet man.

(Yep, Exit)

14The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Empty Re: The Goro Goro no Mi's Beginnings Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:33 pm

Kalliope

Kalliope
Founder
Founder

Go to ---> Character Update Section and create your timeline --->Character Timeline and add this topic to it.

The Thread has been reviewed and approved. Locking Thread.
Following Rewards
Koukestu: 300 XP
Itome Hikaraku: 300 XP
Bounty: 5,000,000 to both

Notable Actions/Event
-Start of a Rivalry(?)
-Obtaining Devil Fruit Powers
-Hacking of a Sea Vessel
-Using Devil Fruit Powers for the first time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum