Fortunes Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Staff

Administrators

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sea Queen Techniques - Mizu-Hime

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sea Queen Techniques - Mizu-Hime Empty Sea Queen Techniques - Mizu-Hime Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:14 pm

♥Siren

♥Siren

Skill NameSea Queen - Mizu-Hime - Mermaid Water manip (Secondary)
Skill TypeMermaid style
Skill Information

Sea Queen is a fighting style siren uses that makes use of her natural mermaid-given ability to manipulate water.  As her birthright of a mermaid, she controls water to spectacular effect utilizing it to project water in various ways.   By imbuing the water with her haki she can heat it up to produce steam or utilize boiling water to attack.   This makes her a natural enemy to Devil Fruit users. 

Skill Strengths
- Sea Queen provides a variety of effects revolving around the manipulation of water as something unique to mermaids and fishmen that Devil Fruit users cannot, and even passively use this to forcibly split her tail into legs,  her beautiful scales seeming to shatter into water vapor,  or reform like water spurting out from her pores to coalesce into her tail once more.  This effect is a unison between her haki, mastery over creatures, connection to the sea,  and her tribe's Body Compression lineage. 
- Sea Queen can manipulate water in the atmosphere as well,  which can cause rain clouds to burst (Causing rain),  or to slowly gather rainclouds.  Higher tier Sea Queen techniques can also trigger lightning bolts (It works indirectly, she doesn't specifically work with lightning itself).
- Siren's Haki can work with her mermaid water to allow her to generate heat for scalding attacks which also leaves steam trails along the path of such an attack which can obscure vision. 
- Sea Queen techniques deal added damage and travel twice as far or have AoE's twice as large when used at sea/underwater,  or half-again as far/x1.5 as large in areas of heavy rain. 
- Sea Queen makes the user resistant to temperature extremes. In other words,  Siren can bathe in boiling water or swim in arctic waters all the same.  
Skill Weaknesses:
- Sea Queen water attacks or defenses are considered a tier lower when they rely on water in the air,  and can't be used in harsh deserts or areas of intense flame (Unless there's a body of water).
- Sea Queen water could hinder allied devil fruit users as well if she's not careful.  
- If she produces Steam,  the steam isn't in her direct control anymore.  She can only force steam back into a liquid state again. 
- Sea Queen is usually in general a messy affair that gets water all over the place leaving a soggy aftermath of a fight. 
- She can still be damaged by flame or ice techniques,  she just takes reduced damage proportionate to tier differences.  This isn't exactly a weakness though so here's an extra:
- When using lightning in one of her techniques,  her abilities aren't actually suited for electrical power.  She can very easily shock herself on accident so she has to be careful as chances are a lightning bolt will do just as much or more damage to her as it would to an enemy and her electrical effects will often have chain reactions and so on that could catch her as well,  going wrong very quickly.
- Being a mermaid she by default takes a little extra damage from electricity. 

Tier 1 Techniques
Spoiler:

Tier 2 Techniques
Spoiler:

Last edited by ♥Siren on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:44 pm; edited 12 times in total

2Sea Queen Techniques - Mizu-Hime Empty Re: Sea Queen Techniques - Mizu-Hime Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:02 pm

♥Siren

♥Siren

-reserved-

3Sea Queen Techniques - Mizu-Hime Empty Re: Sea Queen Techniques - Mizu-Hime Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:23 pm

[Username]

[Username]

Hello, I am [Username], and I will be reviewing your application today.

First, I'd like to start off with establishing something: Siren can manipulate pre-existing water, correct? Follow-up question is, what are the limits to what she can manipulate? By that, I mean are there any other liquids that are subject to her control with this skill, or can she manipulate vapor, steam, or even ice? One of her weaknesses specifies that when she creates steam, the steam is no longer in her direct control. I would usually take that as a valid explanation for all these questions of mine, but I'll have to ask for a more direct reference. Her strengths allow her to manipulate water in the atmosphere, but does that include instant-condensation to a liquid state at ground level, as opposed to controlling them higher up in the atmosphere (rain clouds, etc.).

On that note, after deliberation with other staff it's been decided that this skill will not be allowed to utilise lightning bolts, despite indirectly. If there are any other reasons that Siren can use lightning besides as a result of forced natural atmospheric occurrences, feel free to comment on that.

Another strength rings a sort of bell in my head. Heating up water to scalding temperature through the use of Haki... how does that work, exactly?

The increased range as a result of the strength; that's fine on higher tiers. For the time being, at t1/t2 I'd have to say 1.5x range increase in full bodies of water is acceptable, and no added boost in heavy rain. Again, in higher tiers this will be fine.

Just like the former, that last strength would be fine in higher tiers. For the time being, this strength won't be applicable.

All the weaknesses are pretty much fine save for the ones that reference lightning bolts and the very last one. You write "a little". I'm going to go ahead and brush over that, but keep in mind that a skill set that handles so much water, especially given that Siren is half-mermaid, increased lightning/electricity damage won't be considered "a little". Just keep that in mind.

Now on to the

Tier-1 Techniques:

Command Sea: The strengths and weaknesses seem fine, but a sort of "subconscious control" of the water that can be interrupted only through her being knocked out; that's not fine. It's expected that even higher tiered characters will not be able to subconsciously control the effects of their techniques constantly. It's a different story if these effects can be naturally sustained. But based on your description, that's not the case.

Temperature Spike: This passive pretty much answers all of my questions. The weaknesses and strengths are fine as well; good amount of detail. I still need you to explicitly explain what you can/cannot control in your Skill's description/str-wea.

Water Veil: This technique is very versatile and multi-functional, which usually isn't allowed for t1 techniques. The massive cooldown effect balances this skill very well. The only thing I need is a duration.

Splash Ball: Nothing wrong here; moving on. Actually, you can probably increase the dent-impact as opposed to just *2 inches per-tier. Also, I don't really see why focusing the Splash Ball on her fist should increase the cooldown so much. Feel free to keep it at 2-post cooldown regardless.

Jetstream - Mermaid's Speed: +50mph per tier is fine, but a base of 200mph at tier-1 is not an appropriate speed, even if mermaids are the fastest beings underwater. 100mph is fine enough. Not many things are that fast at tier-1, including other people, ships, equipment (save for guns and stuff); pretty much everything at tier-1 doesn't go beyond 100mph. I'm sure there are very few exceptions that I haven't taken into account, but those are just that: exceptions.

This is a very good application. I'm going to hold off for now on attending to the tier-2 techniques, and first have what I've mentioned above be taken care of. Once we get that out of the way, we can move on to the tier-2 techniques and get your skill's first approval.

Spoiler:

4Sea Queen Techniques - Mizu-Hime Empty Re: Sea Queen Techniques - Mizu-Hime Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:34 pm

♥Siren

♥Siren

I just wanna point out that I had to quote your post.   Using fancy themes like that that reduce the width of your post within the existing post isn't very...  hm.  Well,  it just makes it more awkward to read in general though it's negligable in smaller posts.  But with lots of text it's a bit weird. 

I understand having a theme you like and stick to though,  and will be fine reading it through quotes in-post.

What's really inconvenient is just that the textbox/site always freezes because of the auto wordcount while typing  XD  Since there's not a lot of code stuff I can just leave it in plain text mode which helps.

Siren can manipulate pre-existing water, correct? Follow-up question is, what are the limits to what she can manipulate? By that, I mean are there any other liquids that are subject to her control with this skill, or can she manipulate vapor, steam, or even ice? One of her weaknesses specifies that when she creates steam, the steam is no longer in her direct control. I would usually take that as a valid explanation for all these questions of mine, but I'll have to ask for a more direct reference. 

Sure.   As mentioned throughout the app,   she can generate steam through her abilities but she cannot control it.  The only influence she can exert over it is to convert it back into a liquid state.  She cannot control ice at all in this manner,  neither to create ice with or withotu control.  She can, however,  rely on the heat-based nature of this to melt the ice a little more naturally.   *Points out that she just had to wait almost a minute for the text editor to un-freeze after typing that*
Doing it like that isn't enough to be combat-effective on it's own,  though using a heated water technique could easily melt ice.    Hot water cuts through ice quite satisfyingly.

I never considered other liquids.  But I can't see a cause for her not to be able to control a liquid that's largely water, such as a vat of perfume or beer and so on.  Liquids with less water,  such as blood,  would be out of her control.

Her strengths allow her to manipulate water in the atmosphere, but does that include instant-condensation to a liquid state at ground level, as opposed to controlling them higher up in the atmosphere (rain clouds, etc.).
She utilizes water/moisture in the air,  but yes.  It reaches to the clouds.  This is a thematic play on Siren's large size,  but it is only shown in higher tiered techniques.  The only technique she has that does so is a tier 2 technique that takes more posts than some people have in an entire topic to conjure up.

The increased range as a result of the strength; that's fine on higher tiers. For the time being, at t1/t2 I'd have to say 1.5x range increase in full bodies of water is acceptable, and no added boost in heavy rain. Again, in higher tiers this will be fine.

That doesn't make any sense.  Low tier techniques already have a very limited range compared to high tiers as it is.   That would only dramatically accentuate that point.  

No boost in heavy rain doesn't make any sense at all either as there is vastly more water in the air than without heavy rain.

Just like the former, that last strength would be fine in higher tiers. For the time being, this strength won't be applicable.
This skill is almost just as focused on heat as it is focused on water -.-

All the weaknesses are pretty much fine save for the ones that reference lightning bolts and the very last one. You write "a little". I'm going to go ahead and brush over that, but keep in mind that a skill set that handles so much water, especially given that Siren is half-mermaid, increased lightning/electricity damage won't be considered "a little". Just keep that in mind.
That weakness was expressly in reference to the ability to trigger lightning bolts in her techniques as a point of intrigue and risk in using such things herself.

Without it here isn't much point,  as it's not like a mermaid is made out of water such as a devil fruit users might be.    This is unless of course electricity deals added damage to wet targets in general,  with Siren simply usually being in the water herself.

Tier-1 Techniques:

Command Sea: The strengths and weaknesses seem fine, but a sort of "subconscious control" of the water that can be interrupted only through her being knocked out; that's not fine. It's expected that even higher tiered characters will not be able to subconsciously control the effects of their techniques constantly. It's a different story if these effects can be naturally sustained. But based on your description, that's not the case.

It's not subconscious control,  It's the effects remaining in place.  As described.   A ball of water she makes float in the air doesn't just drop back uselessly,  it remains in place until disconnected from her.

Temperature Spike: This passive pretty much answers all of my questions. The weaknesses and strengths are fine as well; good amount of detail. I still need you to explicitly explain what you can/cannot control in your Skill's description/str-wea.
... ?  It doesn't control anything but as stated,  adding or taking heat.  Taking heat only to a certain point not enough to cause ice.

Water Veil: This technique is very versatile and multi-functional, which usually isn't allowed for t1 techniques. The massive cooldown effect balances this skill very well. The only thing I need is a duration.
It has a duration, it lasts until broken by any damage.  It's rather fragile.

Splash Ball: Nothing wrong here; moving on. Actually, you can probably increase the dent-impact as opposed to just *2 inches per-tier. Also, I don't really see why focusing the Splash Ball on her fist should increase the cooldown so much. Feel free to keep it at 2-post cooldown regardless.
Alright then.  I don't remember the reason I had it increase the cooldown.

Jetstream - Mermaid's Speed: +50mph per tier is fine, but a base of 200mph at tier-1 is not an appropriate speed, even if mermaids are the fastest beings underwater. 100mph is fine enough. Not many things are that fast at tier-1, including other people, ships, equipment (save for guns and stuff); pretty much everything at tier-1 doesn't go beyond 100mph. I'm sure there are very few exceptions that I haven't taken into account, but those are just that: exceptions.
I'd increase this to 65 per tier then,  an extra 15 which should compensate at higher tiers for the lack of base speed, but sure.
To confirm,  the first tier is included separate from the base.

This is a very good application. I'm going to hold off for now on attending to the tier-2 techniques, and first have what I've mentioned above be taken care of.  
I generally dislike it when these things are taken in stages like that,  but so long as I don't wait a week again I'm fine with it.   The reason I hate it is because in practice it takes many days to get things worked through like that throughout all the sites I've been on rather than a quicker more efficient run that lets people get into play sooner rather than later.   
Which is why I prefer Skype,  since both parties sound more reasonable through skype than in posts.   That especially includes me as I usually sound more negative through posts.

5Sea Queen Techniques - Mizu-Hime Empty Re: Sea Queen Techniques - Mizu-Hime Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:54 pm

Wulfric Von'Funk

Wulfric Von'Funk

Just to get to this temporarily, we do not allow weather control, which fits with the creation of clouds and storms. This also means no lightning bolts at the same time unfortunately. Even though she could be potentially massive, this just isn't something I am comfortable letting someone do right now.

The problem with giants is that skills are harder to balance. Skills are larger, effects are larger, and sometimes a skill that's fine for a normal human could be too strong for a giant. So keep that in mind.

I agree with everything Username has currently said however. Honestly I'm iffy on allowing you to manipulate heat as well, but I'll let that slide for now.

On to the above mentioned changes. The Jetstream ability is go at +50 per tier, anymore than that is a bit much in my opinion.

Temperature spike would not allow you to take heat past the initial temperature of the thing you are effecting.

With Command Sea, the more balls of water in the air the harder is is going to be to focus on keeping them up as well as fighting. You're going to find it harder to do things if you're making sure they are constantly floating. As for the amount of water you can control for t1, it wouldn't be much more than maybe a gallon of water at a time human size at max. The problem with these abilities in giant form means everything has to be larger in proportion to its size.

This is going to be extremely hard to balance seeing as if you're capable of gathering enough water, you can really harm a lot of people even at lower tiers, even those of higher tier due to devil fruit weakness.

For your tier 2 techs, Rain Dance will not work as with the thing about weather control. Tidal hand is awesome but at t2 its not going to be able to shoot fourth and grab at things like another hand so that's going to have to change.

And last but not least, Whirlpool is too complex a skill for t2. Its effect inside of a body of water like the ocean would be more akin to t3-t4 with some added benefits.

I'm sorry if some of these things seem a bit harsh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum