Fortunes Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Staff

Administrators

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amateur Thieves

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Amateur Thieves Empty Amateur Thieves Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:07 pm

Roshu

Roshu

https://fortunesfolly.rpg-board.net/t589-amateur-thieves-solo#2840
Link to Mission:^
---

Roshu was snoozing down below the deck of a small cargo ship that was heading towards another North Blue island from the last one Roshu was on. Soon the motion of the ship changed and there was clatterings of footsteps above started to wake Roshu from his sleep. Roshu stirred and moved over to one of the portholes on the side of the ship. Looking out, what Roshu could see was a port, a few other ships, and a small scrap of beach. The hatch from the deck then opened up casting light into the hold. Roshu ducked behind some crates as some of the men from upside came down into the hold. The men all grabbed a crate and hauled it up to the deck. Roshu grabbed a crate as well and quietly got in line behind the last of the crew.

On deck the sun was bright and bearing down, it was a nice summer's day on this island. Roshu followed suit and set down the cargo on the dock. Once the others turned to go back to the ship, Roshu slipped away towards the port. Roshu looked for a building to climb so he could get a better look of the island. From the higher vantage point Roshu could see that there was a small forest between the small port town and a bigger inland town. " Alright, looks like l'm headed there. " Roshu said. " But first: Food." Roshu said looking down and around for somewhere to get a bit to eat.

Last edited by Roshu on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Amateur Thieves Empty Re: Amateur Thieves Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:25 pm

Roshu

Roshu

Roshu's search was fairly short as he quickly identified a small market place. Roshu dropped down from the rooftop to the cobbled streets of the port town. Some people looked at him with an odd glance, but he smiled and began walking towards the market. Roshu pulled out a cigarette and pressed his finger against the end outputting enough heat to light the end. Roshu walked towards the market where smells of meat and breads lingered. Roshu reached into one of his pants pockets feeling for some of the beli he'd stolen before he stowed away on the ship. Roshu found a kebab stall. After haggling a bit Roshu was able to get the vender to cut the price a little. Roshu walked away with the kebab in hand, putting out his cigarette before snacking merrily on the roasted meats skewered on the stick. Roshu strolled a little bit through the town, the sun still high in the sky and the light still good. Roshu walked through a small square where people were chatting around a fountain. He took in the sites of the small town, there were many shops, businesses, and nice quaint residential areas. Roshu ended up looping back towards a second part of the port. He hadn't noticed earlier but there appeared to be a couple ships docked in the the harbor sporting black flags. "Hmmm." Roshu said putting his hand on his chin. Generally where there were black flags like those there were pirates, and where there were pirates, there was usually treasure... hopefully.

3Amateur Thieves Empty Re: Amateur Thieves Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:38 pm

Roshu

Roshu

After taking note of the pirate ships in the harbor Roshu decided to head towards the part of the town where there might be some taverns that the pirates might decide to spend some coin at after having been out at sea for a while. Roshu lit a cigarette and then Roshu turned and walked down an alleyway towards another of the small squares. As Roshu reached the square he noticed that it was pretty empty except for a small group of men. From their body language they seemed to be trying for an intimidation look. Roshu walked over behind a group of four men. "...st Hand it over. Simple as that." Roshu heard one of the thugs say. Now that he was closer, Roshu noticed a jolly roger tattoo on each of their shoulders. 'Pirates' Roshu thought. In front of the men was a small girl about maybe twelve or so cowering and clutching her bag behind her against the wall. The girl saw Roshu. " Please help!" she said. On of the thugs turned around. "What are you starin at?" he asked. " Suggest you get outa here 'for it gets ugly for you." He threatened. Roshu smiled his mischievous grin. "I was just curious about your technique as a fellow thief." Roshu said. " And from the looks of it you all got enough ugly already here." Roshu said. Then there was a sword pointed at Roshu. " Ya gonna regret sayin' that chump." the thug said. Roshu exhaled a stream of smoke and grinned at the thug.

4Amateur Thieves Empty Re: Amateur Thieves Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:21 pm

Roshu

Roshu

Roshu stared at the other three thugs still surrounding the girl. Then he looked at the sword and back up to the thug holding the sword. " I'm gonna tell you now, you're making a poor choice by doing this." Roshu said. The thug glanced round, and seeing nobody in the square said "I'm pretty sure my chances are good." Roshu shrugged " Go ahead, take your chance before I get impatient." Roshu said. The thug looked dumbfounded but then refocused and lifted his sword up to strike down. Roshu grinned. " Too slow. Blink Slash!" He said and in almost an instant Roshu was behind the thug hand outstretched, holding a dagger. Blood spewed from the slash that Roshu had delivered. The thug fell to the ground rolling in pain. Roshu stood up and brought the dagger down to his side. Standing between the girl and the thugs "You should run along and get out of here, it could get dangerous." Roshu said. The girl nodded "Thank you." she said before running off. Roshu turned to face the other thugs. "man, I thought you pirates were supposed to be strong. or was he just the weak one of the crew?" Roshu said tilting his head and raising an eyebrow with a teasing grin on his face. The three of the thugs drew their swords. "How dare you insult our crew!" one said. They all began to charge.

5Amateur Thieves Empty Re: Amateur Thieves Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Roshu

Roshu

Roshu grinned at the charging thugs as they approached. Roshu raised a hand up as though he was holding something. "Black Cloak" He said before bringing his hand down as though he were throwing something on the ground. A cloud of black ash erupted around Roshu concealing himself and his movements as he rushed towards one of the guards who were now all coughing. Roshu's fist turned a red color as he increased the heat of his hand. Roshu took a big step as he cocked back his arm. "Emberrr!" He yelled as he shot his fist into the pirate's gut. " Fist!!!" Roshu yelled shifting his weight forward lifting the thug off his feet and launching him a few feet back. A black burnt outline of a fist on his shirt, and a red fist mark on the flesh exposed after burning away the cloth shirt. Roshu could still hear coughing inside the ash cloud. He turned around and cracked his neck from side to side. "you can give up any time you like." Roshu called into the cloud. Then Roshu saw the two thugs slowly walk towards him out of the cloud. Their eyes were watering and they were still wheezing with their shirts pulled up over their mouths. "We *cough* will protect *cough cough* our name and crew." one said. "Might want to do a better job of that!." Roshu teased.

6Amateur Thieves Empty Re: Amateur Thieves Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:51 pm

Roshu

Roshu

Roshu grinned at the coughing pirates, his dagger now faintly glowing with heat. Roshu took a step forward when he heard a click behind him. "That's far enough." A gruff voice said from behind him. "Hands up and turn around." the voice said. Roshu lifted his hands and turned around to see a large man wearing a green tank top, black shades and black, buzzed hair. Roshu raised an eyebrow. " Who are you?"Roshu asked. " I am Bromly. The captain of those men you are beating up." the man said. "Captain!" The men said in unison. "Captain is here to save us." They cheered. Bromly thrust his pistol against Roshu's forehead "Why are you beating up my crew?" Roshu pursed his lips. "Well, they were robbing this girl, and it was blatantly obvious. Their blunt technique gives a bad rep to thieves like myself." Roshu said. "Plus, it was a little girl, and seriously, robbing children is one thing I ain't okay with." Roshu said, then he snickered " plus it was pretty pathetic seeing them struggle to rob one-"  BANG "Quit with the chatter." Bromly said. From behind Roshu a faint groan "captain why?" as the subordinate fell to the ground.  Roshu smiled demonically at the captain. "Oooh, Nice shot there." Roshu said. "Guess I can't hide it any more." Roshu continued as the whole in is head filled back in. "I'm a devil fruit user". He said as his black coat turned into a billowing ash cloud and parts of his body started to glow red like hot coals. " I'm a Cinder Man"

7Amateur Thieves Empty Re: Amateur Thieves Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:26 pm

Roshu

Roshu

The ash and smoke had settled a little bit. The last standing thug was able to see better and charged at Roshu with sword drawn. Roshu grinned and turned into a black cloud of smoke and ash, letting the thug charge through him. Roshu reformed behind the thug taking the dagger and stabbing the heated blade in the thugs thigh. A scream from the thug roared throughout the square accompanied by the hiss of searing flesh as the glowing dagger burned his skin. Roshu removed his dagger from the screaming pirates thigh as he collapsed to the ground holding his thigh. Roshu flicked the dagger towards the ground the clean off some of the flesh that had stuck to the blade. "Now..." Roshu started "Captain of these foolish men. The question is, will you stand and fight with honor, or will you run like-" Bromly turned and started running. "Screw that!" he yelled. Roshu grinned, "Ah, the coward." Roshu began to sprint after Bromly. Roshu chased Bromly through the streets of the town. Roshu jumped forward, his legs poised to leap. "Black Rocket!" Roshu said as he launched himself forward on a plume of black ash. Roshu caught Bromly by the back of the head and pushed Bromly forward to where he was off balance. Bromly rolled forward and crashed into the wall that was ahead.

8Amateur Thieves Empty Re: Amateur Thieves Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:02 pm

Roshu

Roshu

Roshu slowed his pace to a walk as he approached the dizzied Bromly. He took out a new cigarette, lighting it with his fingertip once again. He shook out his hand as he inhaled. Roshu stopped in front of downed pirate captain. Bromly shook his head as he regained his bearings. Roshu exhaled a stream of smoke. Roshu crouched down, "You've been caught." Roshu said. " Though I find it hard to believe you're a captain after you just ran away from your crew back there." Roshu said. He then grabbed Bromly by the shirt and hoisted him up against the wall. " Way I see it, if you can abandon your crew as easily as that you don't deserve to be called captain!" Roshu said, hints of anger in his eyes. "I've been on my own long enough to have met many people like you who throw away others ' lives to better your own." Roshu said. Bromly pleaded with tears in his eyes "Please, don't kill me, I can be better." Roshu shook his head. "Pff, each one says that." He said. " Though I'm not going to kill ya, that's too easy a way out for ya. Instead, I'm gonna give ya a little souvenir." Roshu said holding up his other hand. "Something to remind ya of this day. Something that people will question you about until the day you die." Roshu pressed four fingertips to Bromly's forehead. Roshu's fingers started to glow red, Bromly screamed as the burning touch seared the skin on his forehead. "When they ask, you'll probably tell them some kind of lie, but you will know where these came from. And you will remember this day." At that Roshu pulled his fingers away from Bromly's forhead leaving four burned dots on his forehead.

9Amateur Thieves Empty Re: Amateur Thieves Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:51 am

Roshu

Roshu

Roshu turned around letting Bromly fall to the ground clutching his face from his new burn marks. Roshu cooled back down as he walked back to the square where the four thugs all lay. Roshu searched all of the bodies for valuables and then left the square. Town guard was rushing in as Roshu reached the next square of the town. As Roshu walked through the square he felt a tug on his coat. Roshu stopped and looked down to see the girl the thugs were trying to rob. "Oh, Hey." He said. She stared at the ground for a little bit. " Th-Thank you. For-For saving me." She said producing a coin, holding it up to Roshu. Roshu looked at the coin and grinned turning away from the girl. "Sorry, but I don't deserve that." Roshu said walking away. "Put it to good use!" He said as he walked through the square.

Later that evening, Roshu sat on the balcony of a tavern with a mug of alcohol. He held a bag of all the beli that he had collectivley looted from the pirate thugs earlier. Roshu held the bag in his hand feeling the weight of the coins in the bag. After he finished his drink, Roshu left several beli on his seat and left. Roshu set out to find a warm lofty place to sleep until the next day when he would venture into the forest towards that large town he had seen in the middle of the island that day.

10Amateur Thieves Empty Re: Amateur Thieves Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:17 pm

Roshu

Roshu

-Summary-
-Arrived on island-
-Avoided getting caught as a stowaway-
-Explored Port town-
-Got food and explored some more-
-Came upon some pirates trying to rob a girl-
-Dealt with pirate thugs-
-Chased down fleeing captain and branded his forehead-
-Looted the downed pirates and left square-
-Spent pirates' beli at tavern and found somewhere to sleep before setting out to the next town on the next day-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]